International Travel Insurance
Travelling the world can be a rewarding experience. However, if you become ill, your regular health coverage will not cover your medical expenses. Contact us today to learn more about international travel health insurance.
What is International Travel Health Insurance?
When travelling across the big pond or the equator, it is more important than ever to have the right international travel health insurance in case the unexpected occurs.
Typical Coverage Inclusions
- Medical expenses, hospital room and board, and ambulance services
- Intensive and outpatient medical care
- Emergency room care: Charges incurred as a result of accidents are covered, but ER use for the treatment of an illness is subject to additional charges if the treatment did not require admittance to a hospital.
- Dental care: Plan covers care due to an accident only.
- Emergency evacuation: Evacuations to the nearest medical facility and the cost of returning to either Canada or the country where the evacuation occurred are covered.
- Emergency reunion: Plan covers reasonable expenses for a friend or relative during an emergency medical evacuation to accompany the insured during the evacuation or to travel from home to reunite with the insured.
- Repatriation/return of mortal remains: If a covered illness or injury results in the insured’s death, the plan covers the expenses of bringing the body or ashes to Canada for a proper burial.
- Returning of minor children: If the insured is hospitalized due to a covered illness and is travelling with minors who will be left unattended while the insured receives medical treatment, the plan will cover a one-way economy fare to Canada.
Special Coverage Add-ons
- Trip interruption: Plan pays for the insured to return to Canada in the event that there is a death of an immediate family member or substantial destruction of the insured’s principle residence.
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Terrorism coverage
- Sports and activities coverage: Plan covers injuries sustained while engaging in amateur athletic activities designed for leisure, entertainment or fitness.
Get the Facts:
Half of all Canadian travellers will experience health problems when travelling to another country.
If you’re heading abroad, contact Henderson Insurance Inc. today at (306) 694-5959 to learn more about all of our insurance solutions for all of your travel needs.